Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A NEW WEEK

Isn't it interesting that the things that were so troublesome 2-3 days ago seem like vague memories today? I looked at my last post and thought, "well -- that was a 'whine-y' one, wasn't it!"

Today, I am feeling better.  Granted I felt a bit down on Saturday afternoon/evening (just sat in my chair and looked blankly at the ceiling -- poor Howard!).  Sunday was a new day - a message from Sarah (my Certification reviewer, I guess they're called), gave me some good advice and some refinements to consider and include in my homework.  Something to think about other than my experience on Saturday -- which I needed.

We met old friends for brunch, then home for a bit, then off to the 'Grand-Dudes' for a raucous dinner (almost all dinners are raucous at their house -- so different from ours; that's a good shift every so often -- we (H & I) can be very quiet.

Monday morning was spent listening to the beginning of "Yoga for Osteoporosis" - a webcast by Ellen Saltonstall and Dr. L. Fishman.  Wonderful information and I love listening to both of them -- she, calm; he, excited and finishing many comments with 'but that's enough about that' -- like he's reining himself in.  I even got H (that's short for Howard) on the mat in vipariti karani and had him listen to a short portion.  He's (H) ready for more!

Then house stuff, get ready and in to the library.  Another nice group -- with a couple new-to-me students added to the mix. Interesting that I taught uttanasana (standing forward fold) as the peak pose.  3 months ago, I would have never dreamt of doing that; I would have felt that I needed to give them more.  This (uttanasana) is what was needed today; even had them partner and help each other to move further into the pose after warming up a bit.  The poses were beautiful and watching each person help another made it even more rewarding.

Today?  Teaching in Carlsbad, 10:30am; then on to Temecula for the 2pm class (Gentle/Therapeutic) and the Prenatal at 4:30pm.  Driving Day.

Hope your Tuesday goes well,

1 comment:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

great post! so true about how things that bother you so much tend to settle with time. And so awesome H is doing yoga and listening to lectures with you. Its hard for me to get my husband tyler to do much yoga with me. But he does take one class of mine a week which i am very grateful for. I am so happy I can stay up to date with your life via blogger.