Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FYI

Effective yesterday, I no longer teach at the studio in Carlsbad.

It wasn't a tough decision; besides my inability to grow classes there, I had long been concerned about the lack of public awareness of the studio due to lack of advertising.

When I owned a studio, I quickly learned to let people go. I wished them well. In my 7 years of studio ownership, I only had one negative experience and that one still haunts me. It does no good to hold a teacher in a position he/she does not want to be in.  The energy (or lack of) will show; no matter how good an actor they are. Their class attendance will dwindle as students realize they ought to attend classes with someone who will be around for a while.  The studio does not benefit from this; the students do not benefit; fellow teachers do not benefit.  And, I found, there were lots of teachers around to fill the void created, teachers who are energetic and enthusiastic, and eager to teach.  Win, Win.

So, life goes on.

It has been a week fraught with illness (still that "darn" cold) and drama (above).  I look forward to spending the next weekend with Sundari at a workshop -- fun, fun, fun!

Will write more (on a different topic) tomorrow.

Enjoy your Tuesday,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your next venture. let us know where you'll be teaching in the future!