Friday, February 3, 2012

OFF TO IDAHO. . .

Yes, me -- off to Idaho (and Wyoming) for a weekend of yoga with good friends, Sundari and Peter Goodman, at Akasha Yoga.  (Howard will remain in Fallbrook, holding down the fort).

This trip has given me good material for my teaching this week.  The prospect of driving in snow (especially over the significant mountain pass between Driggs and Jackson), has always been fodder for themes.  Basically playing off John's theme of effort & surrender / braking & letting off (like that).

And, the classes this week were challenging to teach -- Tuesday's Gentle presented with one sore knee, one fresh hip replacement, two really bad knees, and one ready to give yoga a try.  Wow!  Each with different challenges, each with different mobility levels, each with a different level of acceptance of the practice.  I'm brushing up on my knee / hip / everything therapeutics over the weekend.

Prenatal was similar, in that each was her own bag of 'stuff' -- very flexible, very disciplined, sore hip (3 students / 3 'stuff').  Back to that therapy book.

I leave this morning and return Monday morning.  Flying out of Orange County -- always a challenge to predict traffic, so need to get on the road sooner than later.

While there, I'll be able to enjoy our cabin, a wood fire, and - perhaps - get some photos of animals for Grand-Dude Brady (his request).

I hope to have a great weekend; hope yours is similar!

No comments: