Sunday, January 8, 2012

GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN (?)

I haven't written for a while.  In fact, it's the longest break I think I've taken since this blog's creation -- which is almost 3 years ago!?!?!  Why?

First, I think the cold (which lasted 2+ weeks and symptoms still plague me) affected my creative sense -- it's challenging to come up with contemplative, funny, interesting things to write when your sinuses are screaming "open, open, open", or you are sneezing like a train, or the non-stop passage of tissues from box to nose is enough to draw you away from the keyboard.  Many excuses.

Then, there was my mood (also affected by the cold, I'm sure).  It was in the basement or cellar.  And, just in the last 3 days, has been riding the slow escalator back to first floor.  (HAHAHAHAHA -- making myself laugh here.)

Finally, I just wasn't making the time.  Yes, MAKING the time.  Because, like many activities, I can find lots of reasons to believe I am just too busy to get it done.

This morning, however, I read an inspiring blog by Livia Shapiro, also an Anusara-Inspired yoga instructor.  Her topic:  a rant that clearly supported and, in fact, cheered-on the practice of Anusara Yoga. Good stuff for me to read.  I needed that.

Not that I've been doubting my yoga 'choice'; I just needed a reminder of how good it is.  Of how much it has brought into my life and of how much it has changed my life.  What I have been 'doubting' is my own ability to 'get it done'.  Meaning 'get Certified'.  Kind of stuck in the video process -- trying, but running into detours along the way (i.e. classes are too small or students not cooperative or I don't juggle all the balls needed).  It's been a challenge and the last few weeks have only added to my frustration level.

My mood was sensed by a fellow teacher (Maria Cristina), and she suggested that I just teach for a while. Not worry about the video for a week or two. Just do what I love and work on the suggestions of my assessor (Sarah).  Good advice.  That I plan to follow.

Today?  Guest-teaching for my friend Vicki in Temecula, then a movie, then the Grand-Dudes are coming for dinner (trying out a new recipe).  As I wrote that, it occurred to me that maybe I've reached the first floor -- it's been ages since I've tried a new recipe; a sure sign that the mood and surrounding fog are lifting.

Enjoy your Sunday,