Monday, January 16, 2012

SPEAKING OF COMPLIMENTS . . .

I am a bit hooked on Facebook; I admit it.  I have relied on it for connection, for quotes, for class ideas, etc., etc., etc.  Despite it's flaws, it has been a good friend to me over the past 10 months.

Why just 10 months?  That has been the length of time since we moved from Salt Lake to Fallbrook.  It is also the length of time I've been uprooted from a pretty solid yoga community with a lot of connection.  Therefore, it has served as a 'yoga lifeline' for me; keeping me connected to yoga friends I know (and, some I haven't met yet), and to friends who have never given yoga a try.

Some days, tho, despite all the benefits, I wonder about my emotional release valve when reading some entries.  For example, this morning, I'm reading posts and came upon one where one 'chastised' another for a spelling error.  I realize that the one doing the chastising might claim it was 'teasing', but I still wonder.  What did I do?  I called that person on it -- meaning I commented that despite the spelling error, the event mentioned would still be fun.

Necessary? No. Appropriate? Not sure. Nice? Certainly not. Did I feel better? Yes and No. Almost went back and erased it. Yet, I believe the chastising was unnecessary, so I vented.

Ah, well, I do believe age is releasing my inhibitions.

This week will be another busy one.  Teaching in 2 hours in Temecula, then tomorrow, and - fun - we are practicing in Encinitas with John on Wednesday.  And I am excited to begin a webinar with Eric Stoneberg this evening.  An Anusara Yoga instructor and Tantric scholar whose blog I have read for quite a while.

Hope you have a great Monday and a nice week,

No comments: