Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WILD WEEKEND

In many ways, this was one wild weekend.  

First, the workshop with Sundari and Peter was great -- so nice to be with friends, practicing and learning.  This kula (the 'bad ass' Jackson Hole group) is a great one.  So gracious, so welcoming, so much fun to be with.  And, the teachings we received from Sundari and Peter were unforgettable -- just ask me about "DD=T" (my one and only note from the weekend).

I returned yesterday morning (up at 2:30 am PST to drive to Idaho Falls, climb on an early flight, spend a few hours in SLC, then a full flight to Orange County.  Arrived on time (maybe a little early), in the car and homeward bound.  My goal was to arrive in time to teach the 3pm Library Class -- no problem; I had time to visit my house, check on pets, and change clothes, before driving in to teach.  

Get this:  25 in the room!  Among those, six new students -- some just came to observe, but the kula (the class participants) soon had them on mats, doing the practice.  We worked with the feet -- I'm going to work from the ground up for a few weeks.  Been doing a lot of reading and study in anticipation of a hip-opening workshop I'm conducting in late Feb.  Do you know how our feet affect everything else?  I am continually amazed as I read and learn.  

Then, reviewing Facebook, troubling comments about JF, and another resignation.  I've kind of figured out what happened -- an article alleging questionable religious beliefs, home-wrecker behavior, and fraud.   Here are my immediate thoughts (until proven otherwise):  
  • Questionable religious beliefs - Or, more specifically, Wiccan practices.  In almost every workshop or training I have attended with John, this belief and practice has been mentioned by him as he reviews his background.  I don't know much about it; didn't care to -- that's not what I was there for.  Yoga, in particular Anusara Yoga, was why I attended.  (Let me emphasize this -- many of the people commenting attended these same workshops; I hope they don't plead ignorance.)
  • Home-wrecker behavior - not much to say about this, except that it is a two-way street.  
  • Fraud - this relates to business practices with regards to employees of Anusara.  I have heard the implications, seen a letter stating all is good and legal. I'll hold any opinion until I hear or see more.  
Enough.  

Off to the vet this a.m. with little Driggs, who is trying to chew her leg off (an exaggeration, but . . .).  Maybe he can get her to stop.

Then, teaching in Temecula -- 2pm, Gentle/Therapeutic; 4:30pm, Prenatal.  

Looking forward to a great day and week, 

2 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Leslie---i was so touched that you flew to Jackson to attend the workshop taught by Sundari, who invited me to come in as a guest teacher with her. She is a powerful, brilliant teacher and i too learned while she was teaching. Your presence was strong and your eyes soft. many thanks for trusting in the practice of Anusara yoga and showing up fearlessly.
blessings to you, Peter

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

Great post L