Monday, February 13, 2012

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING !?!?!?

What?  On the cusp of attaining Certification in Anusara Yoga, a rumor-filled, yet factual in some respects, scandal.

If you want details, it's all available on the internet -- Yoga Journal has printed a small piece; Bay Shakti (www.bayshakti.com) has more; Facebook has lots of info.  Enough to drive one nuts or, at the very least, to frustration.

I wish it would go away, but it won't.  That won't happen until there are significant changes in the organization of Anusara Yoga and amends made for past transgressions.  I, for one, will wait and watch.

The selfish part of me wishes it had not happened.  The even more selfish part of me wishes my Certification assessor had not resigned (what now?). But it did.  She did.

Enough.

We often hear our teachers say that the stories we read (in particular the Bhagavad Gita), are comprised of each of us as the characters -- if we look closely and reflect on our lives, we will see ourselves in the characters.  If you are familiar with the story, bear with me:

Arjuna (a warrior) is called to fight in a great battle; Krishna (his chariot driver) advises him as they prepare.  Arjuna's dilemma:  that the two armies to fight are comprised of his family members -- brothers, cousins, etc. -- lined up on both sides of the battlefield.  Arjuna would rather not fight than kill or injure any of his family members.  Krishna's message to him -- it is your duty in life to participate in this battle; Arjuna agrees after significant discussion. End of story.

I am the warrior (suddenly faced with a battle of whether to continue or not); I am also the chariot driver (advising myself of the dutiful action to take); and I am the two armies (part of this yoga family, on both sides of the field -- some choosing to leave, some choosing to stay).

It's not fun being all the characters, but now I understand.  I'll stay.  The method of Anusara Yoga has given me so much, has helped my students so much, that I cannot walk away.

With love to all and to myself,

1 comment:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

I feel you lady :( Am excitied to continue to read about your video process. Love to you! I am in the of getting my inspired paper work together. Was so full of excitment for that and now confussion and saddness. I have faith that this will work out. Reading Desiree's letter made me feel better.

xo