Thursday, September 20, 2012

YOGA & RAW FOOD

The smile says it all.

Wisdom Warriors rocked the house yesterday - truly!

We did lots of back bending, accompanied by laughter, 'rib knitting', arm and core strengtheners, and dancing!  Love it when one of ours breaks into unsolicited 'happy dancing'. I've included some pics from both the practice and the raw food dinner demo many of us participated in after the practice.

Raw food?  Yes, food that has not been cooked - which, I know, many of you are familiar with. I am not vegetarian, and I do cook the food that I've habitually cooked. But, I saw many possibilities in this class.

Our chef, Fuji, came prepared with all the 'stuff'. We began with a taste of her almond milk, moved on to cheesecake (yes, dessert first), then a blended lemongrass/coconut/bell pepper soup, then hummus wraps using collard greens for the 'wrap', another beverage - this time a 'Berry green smoothie'. We weren't done, however, still had lettuce wrap tacos to create (using a nut mix as our 'meat'), and kelp noodle alfredo.  Unfortunately, I had to leave before the kelp alfredo was being served, so I didn't get a taste -- smiles and eyebrows told me it was good, however. Everything was very good!

Everything she created looked easy to do; somewhat effortless -- the blender (a good one) and a food processor are mandatory tools, and - I suppose - as you embrace this type of food preparation, you'd purchase a food dehydrator. It would require that you plan your shopping around area farmers' markets and get to know your vendors well. We also talked a bit about logistics - like, how do you do this when living in areas of the country covered by snow in winter; one answer, lots of planning ahead and freezer use.

For now, I am going to re-instate morning green drinks - I got some good ideas from this class.  We'll see where it goes from there.  My husband likes his food cooked and I'm not interested in planning and/or cooking 2 menus for each meal.  So, we'll just take it baby steps.
A close-up of our 'fearless leader.

Part of the fun!  (Our 'happy dancer' is the yogi in red.)



And the party?  Well, just look at the food, the great company, and the beautiful surroundings!


Today?  Teaching 2 classes, then our own Wisdom Warriors practice in Temecula.  I've got ideas for all 3; going to refine a bit over the next couple hours.  

Hope you have a great Thursday!

p.s.  If you want recipes for any of the above-mentioned, let me know.  

No comments: