Tuesday, October 9, 2012

4 CLASSES - 1 DAY

I am not sure I have done that before -- taught 4 classes in one day.  I might have, but - if so - the memory has left me.  To state it mildly, I was tired when it (the day) was over.

A sign of age? (hope not)  A sign of burnout?  (don't think so)

The good thing?  Students showed for all 4 of these classes; from the 8:15am to the final one, at 3pm.

Another good thing?  It all coordinated nicely.  There have been days when I have offered to sub and find myself rushing from point A to point B, wondering 'why did I say I'd do this?'.  You may need to live in So. Calif. to understand this point.  Traveling via car is often fraught with obstacles (traffic jams, multitudes of other cars, etc.).  Yesterday, tho, all went smoothly.  The first 2 classes at one studio, then a short (traffic-free) drive to the 3rd class at another studio (both in Temecula), then back to Fallbrook where I took 20 minutes to stop at the house and let our dogs out. Onward to my own Library class, the final of the day.

Despite it being a holiday (Columbus Day), the Library was open (it usually is closed on holidays). I worried at 2:50pm, looking out at a room populated with 20 chairs and 5 people, that everyone else had thought the same -- 'it's a holiday, the library is closed; won't be yoga'.  At 3pm the room was full -- all 20 chairs had an occupant, plus a couple without chairs.

We used the chairs to get at our feet more easily -- began with a massage and some foot exercises.  I understand why, but am always a bit surprised when students come up after these classes and tell me how good their feet feel.  Then stood and walked a bit, then a few lunges, some twists and push-ups (in yoga? yes, in yoga); and to the floor to work towards dhanurasana (bow pose) and maybe ustrasana (camel pose).  I had fun and I think many in the class did as well.

What happens today?  Webinar (right now) with Christina Sell, then housework, then teach in Temecula at 2:30. Then a guitar lesson (!?!?!?!).  That's another story.

Have a great Tuesday,

No comments: