Thursday, October 4, 2012

'PACING'

I mentioned yesterday that the word 'pace' might be part of my mantra during the afternoon's Wisdom Warriors' practice.

Instead, I inserted the word 'patience' -- because, as some of you know, a practice with Geri often involves longer holds that one with Desiree.  To compare the two excellent instructors is like comparing apples to oranges -- both are good for you, but have very different textures and 'consuming' styles (unless you peel your apples).

So, inwardly chanting the word 'patience', I practiced.  Holding poses like trichonasana, ardha chandrasana, parsvakonasana, and hanumanasana for longer than 2-3 breaths is challenging work. Giving us lots of time to feel, explore, figure out what works and what doesn't. It's not easy, but - personally - I do like it, when its over.

We did all of the above poses, added in some upside down stuff and hamstring work, plus more work for the psoas (eka pada supta virasana with hips on a block, bent knee on or close to floor?!?!?).

There was laughter and chatting -- good stuff.  Just what Wisdom Warriors is all about.

Today?  Teaching a Gentle class at 12:30 at Yoga For Life, Temecula; then my own 'Wisdom Warriors' practice at Living Yoga Center, also Temecula.  One of the attendees said to me the other day that she is going to start wearing a sign around her neck.  It will say:  "I'm not 47, 57, or 67; I'm 77 and I reserve the right to say 'no'."  I'll remember that.

Hope you have a great Thursday!

No comments: