Thursday, October 11, 2012

THINGS (life) HAPPEN(s)

I have been teaching a lot this week.  Many subbing opportunities presented themselves and I took them -- maybe too many; leaving me a bit tired and hoping I haven't forgotten to write something down.  (So far, so good.)

Yesterday began with an early morning class (8:15); another opportunity to sub and become acquainted with more students at Yoga For Life.  It was a small group - - 3 eager and willing students; and the class was just one hour long.  Needless to say I am not used to 60-minute classes - we are doing standing poses when I realize it's 10 minutes til end of class; so, to the floor, calm down, savasana.

My well-laid plan had been to teach this early class, return home and spend some time doing 'house-ly' things. Then, climb into the car and drive to Del Mar for the Wisdom Warriors practice with Desiree and Geri.

The first part worked -- taught the class, returned home at 10am.  What did I return home to?  A sick dog; one who, in desperation, had messed in several spots on our relatively new carpet.  This is not something to ignore -- it's vet time.  I made the phone call, told them I needed to come get some magic 'stopper-upper' med, finished cleaning up the mess, loaded the dog in the car and was off (it's now 11am).  FYI, you don't mess around when the dog in question is a german shepherd. we're talking BIG messes here.

One hour later (noon), dog and I left the vet, loaded with meds and soft food.

A new plan was hatching -- as in, no Wisdom Warriors.  So sorry to miss it, but - as I tell students who are giving me their reasons for not attending class - life happens.  I could insert another word for 'life', but I hope I've given you a clear picture of the situation without going there.

The good in this?  That I had NOT scheduled the carpet cleaning yet; will make that call today since the culprit dog had a quiet night.  Also good that this appears to be just a change-in-diet dilemma for the dog.

Today?  Teaching at 12:30pm at Yoga For Life, then guiding the Temecula Wisdom Warriors group, 2:30pm at Living Yoga.  We are small in number, mighty in age, and enthusiastic!

Hope you have a good Thursday!

No comments: