Friday, August 8, 2014

DAY FOUR: Concealment

I am about to leave the comfort of my computer and coffee, go get ready, and drive in to Encinitas for the final session of Raising Your Vibration -- the 5-day intermediate yoga intensive I've been attending with Desiree Rumbaugh and Andrew Rivin.  But first, a few words about Day Four:

Theme was concealment. In my mind, concealment means those parts of me that I keep hidden or, at least, restrained. Hiding weaknesses, not shouting my triumphs -- just quietly moving around the edges. Not sure if that's healthy thinking on my part; but, its part of my program - the way I was asked/directed to work in the world. It causes me to wonder just where I would be without this practice of yoga, especially since I came to it later in life (age 48) and am now 64. Shudder at that thought.

So, despite a late night for everyone (including Desiree and Andrew), she busted out a great (and intense) practice of inversions, arm balances, twists, arm balances with twists; all using the bandhas to move further into poses AS we also kept sight of the curves in our back -- tough work even if one was not able to attain the poses requested (speaking of myself here).

In the room are some amazing practitioners, and everyone is a great student -- listening, applying the instructions, moving further. So impressive to come up from a pose and just look around the room at some of the variations being applied.

Today, who knows? We are having fun, I know that. We are being asked to work with and interact with people we haven't met yet, to move out of our comfort zone. It's good, I see that; tho not always the place I would put myself in.

Lunch yesterday was with the Grand-Dudes and their mother, Jessica. So good to spend time with them.

Today is just a half-day session; then back to Fallbrook and teaching at 3:30 at MAC.  Hope you have a great Friday!

No comments: